The lovely and talented Karen over at Chookooloonks has been having a fun little share-fest with her readers in which she shares random facts about herself and her readers share theirs. I’ve been commenting almost everyday and have assembled quite the little collection. So, here are some fun and random facts about me:
- I must have something over me when I sleep. Even if it’s just the corner of a sheet or a tiny baby blanket over my shoulder and arm, I can’t sleep without it. Somewhere in my childhood I convinced myself that if a psycho-killer broke in at night he couldn’t stab me through my sheet. And to this day I have to have something over some part of me.
- I don’t understand women who refuse to learn how to use a lawn mower on “principle”. That irks me to no end. Same thing for refusing to learn how to change a tire.
- My dream home has to be on the water – I don’t care if it’s a big lake or the ocean. It can’t just be near it, I have to be able to see the water and hear from my house. Someday…
- For the longest time I couldn’t stand having anything between my toes – flip flops, toe rings, etc. Then a really cute pair of sandals called to me and I got over my “nothing between the toes” thing. I would wear flip-flops 24/7 if I could. I still can’t stand toe-rings, though.
- I hate logos plastered all over things. I don’t care if the handbag is the perfect shape and price, if some damn logo is all over it then no way!
- I have to sleep with a fan on. I cannot sleep in a silent room.
- I often find myself having to hold back from jumping into water when on boats/bridges/etc. When we vacation in British Columbia’s Gulf Islands it’s hard for me to stand at the ferry railing as I fear I will take the plunge. I just love water and want to be in it.
- I CANNOT stand karaoke and can’t for the life of me figure out how that is fun for either the singer or the listeners.
- I tried to give up meat once and lasted for about 6 days.
- My husband and I tried to take dance lessons to prepare for our first dance together at our wedding reception and failed miserably. We both fought each other for the lead. After 2 lessons our instructor (who was also a friend) gave up on us. Now, nearly 8 years later we’ve hardly ever danced together. I think we need to take lessons again – I hope we’d be better at sharing the lead now.
- I have never broken a bone. I’ve hurt tendons and ligaments and have had ACL reconstruction but never a bone.
- I can’t remember my first kiss.
- I have had my tongue and navel pierced – in addition to several holes in each ear. Other than a single hole in my lobes, all the others are gone. I regret losing the tongue the most.
- If I could pull off a pixie haircut I would in a second. I hate hair – seems like such a waste of time and resources.
One thought on “Random”
1. Is that why you hog the covers?
3. Agree…BTW, the ocean is gorgeous this morning! 🙂
5. That totally sounds like you!
6. And now M has her ipod/hairdryer noise 🙂
9. same here
10. How sweet that you took lessons!
11. same here, minus the ACL surgery
12.How sad! Mine was at Camp Luther!!
13. no comment
14. ME TOO!