I figured I’d do a 2009 repeat of my end-of-the-year post from last year. As we say good-bye to 2009 (and I know a lot of people are celebrating that 2009 is over), here is my year in review:
- Became a huge Cavs fan (I love me some Delonte West…as long as he’s not talking, that boy is not so bright) and went to several games
- Had a dishwasher installed – our first one in 8 years – and still continue to wonder how we lived without one
- Finally potty-trained M
- Had my gallbladder removed
- Made chicken soup from scratch
- Moved M from a crib to a bed and finally figured out how to get her to go to sleep on her own
- Finally got pregnant with baby 2.0
- Took M sledding for the 1st time
- Started sewing again, and made some awesome things for M
- Hosted my 1st (and 2nd and 3rd) blog contest/giveaway
- Experienced the mix of comedy and fear when M locked herself in our bedroom and Mark had to break in through the window
- Got to know lots of Cleveland restaurants, and met several local foodies
- I went to a fundraiser for a blogger I don’t know and in the process met a bunch of local bloggers in real life. (And met Michael Symon, too!)
- Played single-parent for the first time while Mark went on the first business-trip he’s had since M was born (I’m spoiled)
- Took 2 awesome trips to Hilton Head
- Explored our local parks
- Watched as M developed from a funny toddler to this full-blown little person with tons of ideas, opinions and thoughts.
- Went to Pittsburg for the 1st time
- Got political in public
- Became addicted to Twitter
- Sent M to my parents for a week and had our very own Cleveland restaurant tour
- Kicked my coke habit (Diet Coke, that is)
- Did my first guest-entry on another blog
It’s been an amazing year, both here and IRL. I’ve gotten so much more out of writing in this space then I ever imagined. It has helped be be part of both my local community and the big world-wide internet community. I can’t wait to see what 2010 brings!
2 thoughts on “Looking Back”
Me neither! Happy New Year!
I’m pretty sure I never said congrats on number 2!