It’s been too long since I’ve update here. I’ve been bitten by the Twitter bug and that has been taking over my life. Luckily (?) I don’t have a phone that will allow for mobile Tweets…when that happens we are all in trouble. Instead of a proper post here are some random updates:
- Friday night Mark and I went on our first date night in entirely too long. We went to the Cavs/Celtics game to watch LeBron and Co. kick some ass. It was my first NBA game ever and I had a blast (even though our seats were about as close to the arena rafters as you can get). I think I’m becoming a serious Cavs fan.
- We got about a foot of snow here over the weekend and we had a lot of fun with M playing in the white stuff. We even purchased her first sled and took her to an ity-bity hill a few blocks away. She loves it (and loves eating the snow). She squealed with delight going down the 6-foot hill and wanted to do it again and again.
- Preparing for these snowy outings is more like a scene in the “Christmas Story” then I’d care to admit. Anyone have any tips on good toddler mittens that are easy to put on but stay on? They can’t cost a fourtune, either.
- My GB surgery has been rescheduled for Feb 9. Thankfully, Mark and I have an overnight alone for Feb 7. It’s been almost a year since our last one. We are banking on this one being more restful then that.
- 2009 is the year we will finally be able to start some work on our house. Now that we’ve been here a year the list has gotten quite long and it boggles the mind to try to think about getting it all done. Our plan is to start with the upgrading of the electrical system and a complete re-wiring of the house. Sounds exciting, no?
- I’ve taken a too-long hiatus from my workouts. Tonight that changes. I expect to be quite sore tomorrow.
- Sunday mornings have become “pancake day” in our house and M loves it. If it’s my sleep-in day (Mark and I take turns sleeping in on the weekends) she wakes me up by saying “Mama! Pancakes, yes?” while nodding her head and looking hopeful. It’s too cute.