It seems that I am 1) crappy about posting here on a regular basis now that I’m tweeting all the time and 2) stuck in a rut of doing bullet-list posts. But, things are better in threes then twos, don’t you think? So I’ve decided to embrace the rut and do just one more bullet-list, this time of some things that have been making me quite happy lately.
- L’Oreal Double Extend Lash Extension Effect Mascara. I bought this on a whim a few weeks ago and I’m totally addicted. My lashes are so long my hubby noticed a difference; it’s almost like I’m wearing false eyelashes. It does not smudge at all and I get a weird satisfaction in seeing all the little tubes when I take it off.
- Catching up with old friends on Facebook.
- Trader Joe’s BBQ Tteriyaki Chicken. This is so good, cheap, pretty healthy and super fast. Pair it with their Organic Cooked Brown Rice and a quickie salad and you can have a healthy dinner on the table in less then 15 minutes. LOVE!
- This guy
- Staying up to late to watch the Cavs play.
- Celebrating the sun on the rare occasions it decides to shine around here. Did you know that Cleveland averages 202 days of fully overcast skies each year?
- Oscar Blandi’s Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray. I finally don’t have to wash my hair every morning – and since my hair takes 30-40 minutes of blowdrying this is a VERY GOOD THING. (I tried the Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser which worked well but I can’t stand the sickeningly sweet smell).
- Doing the potty dance with M.
- Shopping tips I get from the lovely Mir at WantNot. I easily saved over $100 on Christmas gifts by stopping by that site to check for sale alerts before buying. I also just got 13 items for M’s spring wardrobe for less then $50 thanks to Mir’s watchfull eyes on the sales. And, I got these for FREE a few weeks ago (however, we aren’t big fans of the flavor so they are off to a food pantry).
- Having drinks and yummy food at Bar Cento with new friends.
- This guy
- The prospect of getting both a dishwasher and a garage door opener in the next month (We haven’t had a dishwasher since 2001!)
- Nightly laps around the dining room table chasing M and running from “the monsters!”
What’s been making you happy lately?
3 thoughts on “Favorite Things”
I am loving the mascara “tubes” too! Good to know about the Ocar Blandi dry shampoo. I used my Sephora gift card (Thanks again!) to by the Ojon stuff and I agree with you about the scent….yuck!
I haven’t tried the L’Oreal mascara, so I’m really curious about what you meant when you said that you take the tubes off?? To me that just sounds kinda funny!!
The mascara actually forms little tubes around your own lashes, making them longer and thicker. When you take it off, you can see all the little tubes of mascara on your cotton ball. It’s pretty funky